Friday, November 28, 2014

Simple Writing


WRITING: Simple Writing


My daughter has difficulty in understanding my article in my blog. I have to think seven times what is wrong with my Indonesia sentences. It seems that I don't write it in simple sentences. In fact stating something in a simple way is not too easy. It is not too easy whether I state it in my mother tongue, first language, Indonesian language, or English. When I try to say and to write my simple idea in my first and my mother tongue, in Indonesian and also in English, the problem that I face is the same. I cannot guarantee that my first or my mother tongue is good enough, whether it is in spoken or written form. I will have difficulty to express my idea in my mother tongue. As it is known that my mother tongue is Javanese. Linguists divide Javanese into standard Javanese and non-standard Javanese. My mother tongue belongs to non-standard one. In simple way, the spelling of some words is different from standard and non-standard one.  "a" in a certain word is pronounce to be "O". An example Javanese word "mangga" is pronounced "monggo" in standard Javanese, but it is pronounced "mangga" in non-standard one. I have to overcome my mastery of Javanese speech levels too. As you know Javanese is not a simple language like the other languages.  Javanese is a stratified language, in which low and high speech levels exist there.
It is not a simple writing

WRITING: SIMPLE WRITING 

1 comment: