Friday, November 28, 2014

seminar international


INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR 



International Seminar on Javanese
International Seminar on Malay/Indonesian Linguistics

International Symposium on the Language of Java (ISLOJ), International Symposium on Malay-Indonesian Linguistics (ISMIL) 

ISLOJ-3 or 3rd ISLOJ held on 23-24 June 2011 at UIN Malang was my first experience of taking part in international seminar or symposium. Frankly speaking, I have never taken part in any academic or scientific activities so far. I finally realized that to take part in scientific activities was important for me (and it was important for every body, especially university lecturers, like me). It started when in 2008 I enrolled as one of the students of Ph. D program at Udayana University Denpasar. In January 2009, I have to think seriously what paper I had to present in national seminar at my campus, held by Linguistics Study Program of Udayana University. The next conference is Conaplin-2 held by Language Center of Indonesian University of Education (UPI) Bandung. The following year, in 2010 I presented a paper in national seminar called national seminar on mother tongue. 
Here I tried to list the seminars or conferences that I took part in them.
1) ISLOJ-3 and ISMIL-14, Malang
2) 56th TEFLIN, Bandung
3) KIMLI, Bandung
(let me continue next time, since I do not draft it first).

Since ISLJ-5 will be held in Bandung, at Indonesian University of Education on June 5-6, 2015, I have to prepare fro now on what paper I have to present there.
In order to remind me, I try to record ISLOJ activities from the first ISLOJ to next one. 

ISLOJ 4 June 6-7, 2013, Padang, West Sumatra, Indonesia
ISLOJ 3 June 23-24, 2011, Malang, East Java, Indonesia (UIN Malang)
ISLOJ 2 June 4-5, 2009, Senggigi, Lombok, Indonesia
ISLOJ 15-16 August 2007, Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia
ISMIL is usually held after ISLOJ in the same place. But ISMIL 2015 will be held in difference place, i.e. ISMIL will be held in Jambi. It means that I will miss it. I cannot take part in it since it is too far for me to reach there. (My Good, could you help me solve it?).

Majid Wajdi
ISLOJ-3


1 comment:

  1. sharing ideas is more than teaching. teaching is understood as an activity of informing in front of the classroom

    ReplyDelete